Denomination: Rinzai (臨済宗 建長寺派)
Main Image: Seikanzeon Bosatsu (聖観世音菩薩)
Location: Matsuzaki-cho (松崎町)
Kiichiji was founded as a hermitage by a Chinese Buddhist monk named Yishan Yining in the year 1301 of the Kamakura period.
Although there is no exact record of when, many years after this it received its formal
temple name. The present main hall was built in the year 1848.
Inside the temple is a self portrait of Yishan Yining, as well as a silk book of quotations written in his own handwriting.