Denomination: Rinzai (臨済宗 建長寺派)
Main Image: Kanzeon Bosatsu (観世音菩薩)
Location: Matsuzaki-cho (松崎町)
Kenkyuji was originally established near the end of the Heian Era sometime between 1190 and 1198. It was restored at its current location after being moved from its original location located in the nearby mountains of the village.
As time passed it flourished into a very large temple including an estate however in 1507 it fell victim to a fir which destroyed nearly everything, including the records of its history.