Denomination: Jodo (浄土宗)
Main Image: Amida Nyorai (阿弥陀如来)
Location: Matsuzaki-cho (松崎町)
Founded originally in 1468 under the reign of Emperor Go-Tsuchimikado in the Muromachi Period, Tennenji was washed away by a flood in August of 1705. It was rebuilt the next year. Housed within the main hall are numerous important scrolls and carvings such as Jizo-son, Fudo Myo-O, a number of Kannon, Benzaiten (Goddess of anything that flows, water, words, music), Enma Dai-O (a wrathful God which judges the dead), Shomen Kongo (wards off evil spirits), Ususama Myo-O (takes away the mpurities of bodies), Bishamonten (God of war and punisher of evil-doers), and Daikokuten (God of Wealth).